Choosing a domain name is similar to deciding on a company or business name…You need to give it alot of thought and consideration. Your domain is your identity online. What you choose needs to fit you / your business. It needs to be easy to promote as well.
So some steps to follow ….
1.Finding a domain that is easy to type is very important. You should use proper words. Slang isn’t a very wise option.For example ( u , you ) (express, xpress). This can mean it’s harder for your site to be found.
2. Keep it sort. The shorter the better. You don’t want it long and complicated. You want it short and simple.
3.Use keywords that describe your business, whatever is on the site. For example, if it was for a mechanic business, you would want CarMechanic.com or Mechanics.com. Something like that anyway. As you can see, Mechanic is the keyword.
4.Some may want to target an area, EG: think of your city, area or country. This makes it easy for people to find you.
5. Avoid punctuation. If someone hears your domain, it’s alot easier without punctuation. Try and avoid numbers too. If you have a number, is it a word or a number ?
6. There’s millions and millions of domains out there. So domains need to be memorable. Will it be easy to remember ? Is it catchy and easy to understand to others ?
7. Make sure your it isn’t a trademarked, copyrighted or used by a company.
8. Think about your extension. EG : .com, .co, .net, .com.au
As you probably know, .com is the most used. But maybe you want to appeal to a country such as Australia, which equals .com.au.
9. You could purchase various extensions……EG : purchase a .com, .net & .biz. When you buy a .com, others are offered to you at a discounted rate.
10. Act quick. Domains go fast. But they are inexpensive. If you can’t get what you want, whoever you are purchasing from will come up with other ideas.
To Your Success
Enjoy this post ? A pin would be very much appreciated